Biology with zoology degree


At the Centre for Biological Sciences,Guest Posting which is part of the University of Southampton, we give you the option of studying a biology with zoology degree.

This 4 year biology with zoology degree starts with a foundation year, sometimes called ‘Year 0’. You can choose during this first year to progress to three years of further specialist study in biology or zoology.

Successful completion may also enable entry to degree courses in biochemistry, biomedical science, pharmacology, or other related science disciplines at the University of Southampton.

In the foundation year of your biologie with zoology degree you will concentrate on biology, chemistry and maths, plus IT and study skills. You will be taught through a combination of lectures, group discussions and laboratory practicals.

This foundation year is taught in partnership with nearby Eastleigh College and is assessed through a mixture of assignments, which account for 40% of the total marks, and exams, which make up the remaining 60%. Exams will be taken both during and at the end of the year.

During your BSc biology with zoology degree you will acquire skills that are valuable in all sorts of career settings, including: problem solving, information retrieval, reporting and presentations, project and group work.

Any degree which evolves from our foundation year course will equip you with the tools to explore a career in sectors as diverse as: healthcare, the pharmaceutical industry, agricultural and environmental research, the food and drink sector, or wildlife research.

Some of our students progress to a specialist master’s degree or a PhD in their chosen area after achieving their biology with zoology degree. Others gain graduate entry into medicine, or go into teacher training or the civil service.

To find out more about this biologie with zoology degree, all you have to do is visit the Centre for Biological Sciences website at