If you are looking for a quick getaway from Bangalore, a trip Banglore to Wayanad might just be the perfect solution. Located in the Western Ghats of Kerala, this beautiful hill station is known for its lush greenery, breathtaking landscape, and tranquil setting. With Bangalore to Wayanad itinerary, you can explore the natural beauty of this region and immerse yourself in its culture and traditions.
A typical Bangalore to Wayanad itinerary includes transportation, accommodation, and sightseeing. Most of the carriers offer transportation to and from Bangalore to Wayanad. The journey from Bangalore to Wayanad takes about 6 hours, and the road is beautiful and scenic.
There are many types of accommodation in Wayanad, ranging from simple hotels to luxury resorts. You can choose between homestay, cottages, and hotels based on your preferences and budget. Some of the famous accommodations in Wayanad include Vythiri Resort, Pepper Trail Homestay, and Wayanad Wild.
Wayanad has many places to visit which are included in most itineraries. Some of the famous tourist attractions in Wayanad include:
- Chembra Hill: This is the highest hill in Wayanad and offers a panoramic view of the surrounding landscape. The trek up the mountain is challenging but rewarding, taking about 3-4 hours to complete.
- Banasura Sagar Dam: This is the largest earthen dam in India and is surrounded by lush vegetation. You can take a boat ride on the lakes and enjoy the scenic beauty of the area.
- Edakkal Caves: These are natural caves famous for their prehistoric art and paintings. The trek to the caves is a bit challenging, but well worth it to see the beauty of the surrounding landscape.
- Pookode Lake: This is a freshwater lake surrounded by lush vegetation and a popular spot for boating and picnicking. You can also go for a nature walk around the lake and explore the surrounding forests.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: This habitat of many rare and endangered species of animals and birds. You can take a jeep safari or elephant ride to discover the natural beauty of the area.
- Wayanad is known for its delicious food, which includes both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Among the delicacies you must taste while visiting Wayanad are:
- Appam and stew: This are a popular breakfast dish in Wayanad and is made with rice flour and coconut milk. Malabar Parotta: This is a flat, crunchy bread served with a spicy curry.
- Kerala Fish Curry: This is a spicy and tangy curry made with coconut milk and local spices.
- Payasam: This is a dessert made with milk, sugar, and vermicelli.
Best Time to Visit:
Wayanad is a beautiful hill station in Kerala that attracts tourists throughout the year due to its pleasant climate and natural beauty. However, the best time to visit Wayanad is during winter from October to May when the weather is cool and dry. During the summer months, the temperature in Wayanad ranges from 10°C to 25°C, making it ideal for outdoor activities like trekking, sightseeing, and wildlife spotting. The days are sunny and pleasant, while the nights are cool, creating the perfect atmosphere for a relaxing holiday. The rainy season in Wayanad extends from June to September, with heavy rainfall in the region during this period. While the lush green terrain is pleasing to the eye, heavy rains can make it difficult to participate in outdoor activities. The roads can also be slippery and dangerous, making access to different parts of Wayanad difficult.
Winters in Wayanad run from March to May, and the temperature can go up to 35°C. The heat can be intense during this time, making it difficult to participate in outdoor activities. However, if you want a quieter time with fewer tourists, summer is the best time to visit Wayanad. Overall, the best time to visit Wayanad is during winter from October to May. The weather is pleasant, and you can enjoy many outdoor activities without any obstacles. However, it is advisable to check the weather before planning your trip to Wayanad to ensure a hassle-free experience.
In conclusion, a journey from Bangalore to Wayanad is ideal for individuals wishing to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse themselves in the calm beauty of nature.. Whether you are a solo traveler, a family, or a group of friends, Wayanad has something for everyone. From scenic treks to scenic waterfalls, delicious food to cultural experiences, a trip to Wayanad will leave you with memories that last a lifetime. So, pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable trip in Wayanad!