How to Make Delicious Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Looking for a new twist on the classic cheeseburger? Try this delicious cheeseburger stuffed with Portobello mushrooms for a tasty and healthy meal!
If you’re a fan of cheeseburgers but want to try a healthier twist, this cheeseburger stuffed with Portobello mushrooms is a must-try. Packed with flavour & nutrients this recipe is a delicious and satisfying meal that’s easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies!
Gather your ingredients:
“To make these delicious cheeseburger-stuffed Portobello mushrooms, you all need a few Key ingredients. Start by gathering 4 Large Portobello mushrooms, 1 pound of ground beef, 1/2 cup of diced onion, 1/2 cup of diced tomato, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. You’ll also need some olive oil for cooking. Once you have all your ingredients, you’re ready to start cooking!
Prepare the Portobello mushrooms:
To prepare the Portobello Mushrooms, start by removing the stems & gills from each Mushroom. You can use a spoon to gently scrape out the gills being careful not to damage the mushroom cap. Next, brush each mushroom cap with olive oil & sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet & set aside.
Cook the ground beef and seasonings:
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned and fully cooked. Drain any excess fat from the skillet. Add in the diced onion, garlic, and seasonings (such as salt, pepper, and paprika) and cook for an additional 2-3 Minutes until the onion is softened. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
Ingredients required for Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
4 Large Portobello mushrooms, wiped of any dirt
1 Medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
6 Large garlic cloves
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 Teaspoons granulated garlic
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
8 Basil leaves, torn
2 to 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
Sliced dill pickles & pickle juice for serving
Red wine Vinegar to drizzle
2 Burger buns, buttered and toasted
How To Prepare Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
- To prepare for baking’ it is recommended to preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, it is suggested to line two baking sheets with parchment paper to prevent sticking and ensure easy clean-up.
- To prepare roasted mushrooms, start by arranging them, along with onions and garlic cloves, On a baking sheet. Make sure they are stem-side up and in a single layer. Drizzle half of the olive oil over the top and add 1/2 cup of water around the mushrooms. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast the mushrooms in the centre of the oven until they shrink in size and become a darker brown colour. This should take around 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool.
- We have to breaded mushrooms, Start by whisking eggs with a splash of water in a medium bowl. In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs with granulated garlic. Dip each mushroom in the egg mixture, & then coat it completely with the breadcrumb mixture. Set aside for later use.
- To fry the Mushrooms, heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it starts to smoke. Add the mushrooms in a single layer and cook until they turn golden brown on one side, which should take around 2 to 3 minutes. Flip them over and cook on the other side until they’re also golden brown, which should take another 2 to 3 minutes. Once done, remove the mushrooms from the oil and place them in a single layer on a clean baking sheet. Finally, season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare the filling, start by combining the roasted garlic cloves and onion slices with the cheese in a medium-sized bowl. Next, add any remaining egg and 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs that were leftover from the breading process. Finally, add in the basil and mix everything thoroughly.
- To prepare this dish, start by placing two portobello mushrooms on a baking sheet, Making sure to leave some space between them. Next, divide the filling in half and pile it onto each mushroom. Top each mushroom with another mushroom, pressing down gently to create a sandwich. Bake the mushrooms in the oven until the cheese has melted and the mushrooms are cooked through, which should take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- To create a tasty and visually appealing dish, Start by arranging the lettuce leaves into two cups. Next, add a drizzle of pickle juice and red wine vinegar to each cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and finish off by topping with some sliced pickles. Enjoy your delicious and healthy creation!
- We have to put each mushroom burger onto a bottom bun. Then Flip a lettuce cup onto each burger and top it with the top bun. Serve and enjoy!